Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Slice of Life: Book Club 3/24



I am participating again this year in the Slice of Life challenge in which we write a slice every day in March. If you are interested in joining in, visit the Two Writing Teachers blog for more information.


Tomorrow after school I am hosting the first meeting of my staff book club at school. I am so excited to have this meeting. It is something I have been thinking about for years. I finally decided to put it out there and I am so happy about the response. I feel like the book culture at my school could use some help. It is great that other teachers love the idea of a book club. I am so happy that I decided to put it out there. 

The book club decided to read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I loved this book and am really looking forward to discussing it with others. I will be stopping by a neighborhood bakery in the morning to pick up some french pastries to share with my colleagues. I know I will love my time at book club and I hope that the other teachers do too. 


2 comments:

  1. that is so interesting that your book club is reading Anthony Doerr's book, because my book club is too. We're not meeting until next month, and I haven't even started the book yet. Because I am just finishing another book that I very strongly recommend: "The Only Ones," by Carola Dibbell. It's just out and may be a little hard to find. I'm eager to hear what your book club thinks of Doerr's book and looking forward to reading it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot my book club was supposed to read it as well and I don't think anyone did. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete