Monday, March 9, 2015

Slice of Life: Spring Ahead 3/9


I am participating again this year in the Slice of Life challenge in which we write a slice every day in March.  If you are interested in joining in, visit the Two Writing Teachers blog for more information.


The last few days have been sunny in Wisconsin. The snow is melting and the temperatures are approaching 50. That means ridiculously happy people. All of a sudden, there are crowds out and people taking walks.

I love living in a place where relatively cold weather can bring so much joy. I know that the days this week in the 50s will be days in which I will see shorts and short skirts. I love that we can find so much joy in what some people would say is cold, wintery weather.

This sunshine is a balm for our moods. Smile and be happy! I hope this nice weather trend will continue...but I know that we are probably not done with winter yet. Bring on the Spring!

1 comment:

  1. We've warmed-up out East too. I celebrated by (finally) getting my car washed yesterday. It was nice to get the winter grit off of it.

    Happy (almost) spring!

    ReplyDelete