Friday, March 27, 2015

Slice of Life: Perplexed

I am participating again this year in the Slice of Life challenge in which we write a slice every day in March. If you are interested in joining in, visit the Two Writing Teachers blog for more information.

Why is it so hard for some people to be nice? There is one particular person in my life that always seems to find the most unpleasant and confrontational way to deal with everything that rubs her the wrong way. I don't get it. I just don't understand why this person feels that she will be able to get things from people by having a rude and uncompromising tone with everything she does. I wonder if it gets her things with other people. How can it be a good life if everything you react to has points and sharp edges. The funny thing is that it is always small stuff that this person reacts to. Who cares if something cheap got lost? Is your family so saintly that they never do wrong? I think not. It is interesting that this same person who has this confrontational and rude way of interacting with people will then turn around and make excuses for everything. I wonder what her life would be like if she just took an honest look at herself and her family and realized that sometimes their s*** stinks too. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just follow the rules and play fair. Why is that so hard for some people?

Okay, rant over. Moral of the story: Choose to be kind to others and others will be kind to you.

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it can be to be around someone like that or work with them. I try to kill them with kindness, sometimes that confuses them. I truly believe in karma and one day they'll get a big face full of their own s*** and they won't be able to deny that it smells. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to understand other people's motivations, for sure. Keep your head up and keep on keeping on with positive energy. Sometimes, that's all you can do.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete