Thursday, March 26, 2015

Slice of Life: Thoughts on Tragedy 3/26

I am participating again this year in the Slice of Life challenge in which we write a slice every day in March. If you are interested in joining in, visit the Two Writing Teachers blog for more information.

I am speechless and heartbroken thinking about the victims of the latest airplane crash in the French Alps. It breaks my heart to think about all of those people who died in the latest tragedy. Whenever something like this happens, it really makes me think about the way that life can take a turn for the worst at any moment. It was bad enough knowing that it was a horrible accident. 

But now, they think that the co-pilot crashed the plane on purpose. Say what? I am without words for this. How could someone be so messed up that this is the decision they made? The pilot was trying to break back into the cockpit for goodness sakes. What must have been going through this person's head? The only thing I can think about is how this person must not have been right in the head. I wonder if he thought he was being told to do this horrible thing. 

We will probably never know what was going through this man's head during those moments. I just think that this makes the whole thing so much more tragic. 

2 comments:

  1. It is tragic...and this man had to have been deeply troubled...not able to think of others. Right now we know little about him...but I wonder what would have happened if he had just reached out for help...or if he had and no one was there...or if he just did not care. Whatever...it will never bring back the people he killed and the pain he has caused so many. So very sad...and lots of questions with no answers. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was terrible. I also wrote about this even in my slice today. I can't stop thinking about it, so many questions and no answers.

    ReplyDelete